6-7th July, 2017
Beach volleyball courts at Nemunas River Island
Technical Supervisor – Mr. Aurelijus Zuoza
Assistant Technical Supervisor – Ms. Jurgita Juškienė
Referee Delegate – Ms. Agnė Narvydienė
ICG TC – Mr. Greg Maychak
- A team consists of two players
- Number of teams that can participate: 12 boys’ teams and 12 girls’ teams
- One coach per squad.
- Field size is 16 by 8 meters
- Net height is for boys and girls 224 cm
- All athletes must be able to show their identification card. When unable to show the identification card, participation is not possible.
- The regulations of the International Volleyball Federation (FIVB) are leading in the competition.
- The match is played in two sets won by 21 points, with a possible third set up to 15 points.
- Sets must be won by two points difference
- The official FIVB ball Mikasa VLS300 shall be used in all categories
- A ball is “in” when the imprint of the ball is visible on the line
- A team may have three contacts with the ball after the third contact, the ball must be played to the opponent
- Change sides after each seven points played
- Coaching is permitted according to FIVB regulation
Any dispute will be resolved in compliance with R&A and USGA rules and the clauses included in the ICG sports rules. Such disputes will be heard by the Protest Committee.
- The ICG Code of Conduct must be adhered to at all times. Athletes and coaches will be excluded from the Games for indecent behaviour, offence made through words and/ or actions, violent behaviour, and abusive language.
- All the delegations have to comply with any instruction made by the venue staff.
- Coaches are responsible for the well-being and behaviour of their athletes at all times.
Presentation of Medals
The following medals will be awarded immediately after the tournament:
- GOLD – for team ranking first in the competition
- SILVER – for team ranking second in the competition
- BRONZE – for team ranking third in the competition
Medalists should be present at the ceremony and must wear their team uniform.
Training schedule will be posted on the website by 1st July, 2017.
Pre-competition training is foreseen on 5th July, 2017.
A First Aid Service will be available on site.
Full Medical Service will be available at the Department of Emergency Medicine of the Hospital of Lithuanian University of Health Sciences (Kauno klinikos). Address: Eivenių str. 2, LT-50009 Kaunas
In case of infectious decease, medical service will be provided at the Clinic of Infectious Deceases of Kaunas Clinical Hospital. Address: Baltijos str. 120, LT-47116 Kaunas.
The technical meeting will be held at Athletes’ Campus (room No. tbc) on 5th July, 2017 at 8 a.m.
Rules. All matches will be played according FIVB beach volleyball rules
Competition system for girls and boys.
Competition system includes two parts:
- Pool game
- Final game
Pool game. All participating teams (10 teams in girls and boys category) will be divided into two pools (A, B) with five teams in each pool. Teams will be divided into the pools according the draw results which will be conducted during the technical meeting (5th July 2017 at 8 a.m.). Teams will play in pools according to Round Robin system.
COMPOSITION OF POOLS:
|Pool A||City||Pool B||City|
|A1||Kelowna (CAN)||B1||Hamilton (CAN)|
|A2||Ruše (SLO)||B2||Slovenj Gradec (SLO)|
|A3||Alkmaar (NED)||B3||Olimpia (GRE)|
|A4||Kaunas (LTU)||B4||Joure (NED)|
|A5||Graz (AUT)||B5||Hadera (ISR)|
|Pool A||City||Pool B||City|
|A1||Hamilton (CAN)||B1||Kelowna (CAN)|
|A2||Alkmaar (NED)||B2||Sparta (GRE)|
|A3||Lausanne (SUI)||B3||Edinburgh (GBR)|
|A4||Bruneck (ITA)||B4||Karlovy Vary (CZE)|
|A5||Kaunas (LTU)||B5||Graz (AUT)|
A teams which takes fifth places in the pools will play for 9-10 places in the tournament
Team 5 A vs Team 5 B
A teams which takes fourth places in the pools will play for 7-8 places in the tournament
Team 4 A vs Team 4 B
A teams which takes third places in the pools will play for 5-6 places in the tournament
Team 3 A vs Team 3 B
A teams which takes first – second places in the pools will play for 1-4 places in the tournament:
Team 1A vs Team 2 B
Team 1 B vs Team 2 A
Looser are played for 3 – 4 places
Winners – played for 1-2 places