Basketball 3 on 3
6-7th July, 2017
Sports Hall, S. Darius and S. Girėnas Sports Centre, Perkūno ave. 5, LT-44221 Kaunas
Training venue: Sabonis basketball center, Pašilės str. 41, LT- 51358 Kaunas
- The game will be played on a half court of a regular FIBA basketball playing court with one (1) basket.
- The court shall have a regular basketball playing court sized zone, including a free throw line (5.80m), a two point line (6.75m) and a “no-charge semi-circle“ area underneath the one basket
All athletes must show their accreditation cards with photos – An athlete will not be permitted to compete without the accreditation.
- Each team shall consist of a maximum of four (4) players (3 players on the court and 1 substitute) and one (1) coach.
- Number of coaches: one (1) for Boys’ team & one (1) for Girls’ team.
- Maximum number of teams: 16 per gender.
- The game officials shall consist of 1 or 2 referees and 2 table officials.
- Basketball Teams must have a minimum of two sets of shirts as well as basketball shoes, socks, shorts, t-shirt. All equipment used by players must be appropriate for the game.
- Any equipment that is designed to increase a players’ height or reach or in any other way give an unfair advantage is not permitted.
- The official FIBA size No. 6 ball shall be used in all categories
Beginning of the Game
- Both teams shall warm-up (3 minutes) simultaneously.
- Before the game, a player from team A will take a 3-point shot. If made team A shall begin the game with a throw-in, if not, it will be team B.
- The team that did not start the game shall be entitled to the ball at the next jump ball situation in accordance with the alternating
- Possession arrow rule. The arrow will be directed to the bench of the team which is entitled to the ball at the next alternating possession opportunity.
Playing time/Winner of a Game
- The regular playing time shall be 10min. The clock shall be stopped during dead ball situations and free throws. The clock shall be restarted after the exchange of the ball is completed (as soon as it is in the offensive team’s hands).
- However the first team which scores 21 or more points wins the game if it happens before the end of a regular playing time. This rule applies to regular playing time only (not in a potential overtime).
- If the score is tied at the end of playing time, an extra period of time will be played. There shall be an Interval of one (1) minute before the overtime starts. The first team to score two (2) points in the overtime wins the game.
- Every shot inside the arc shall be awarded one 1 point.
- Every shot behind the arc shall be awarded 2 points.
- Every successful free throw shall be awarded 1 point.
Fouls by Player/Fouls by Team
- A team is in a team foul situation when it has committed seven (7) fouls.
- A player who has committed four (4) fouls must leave the game.
- Fouls during the act of shooting inside the arc shall be awarded with one (1) free throw.
- Fouls during the act of shooting behind the arc shall be awarded with two (2) free throws.
- Fouls during the act of shooting followed by a successful field goal shall be awarded one (1) additional free-throw.
- Non-shooting fouls under penalty foul situation shall be awarded with one (1) free throw.
Twelve second device
- The team must attempt a shot for a field goal within 12 seconds.
- Stalling or failing to play actively by attempting to score shall be a violation.
- A team must attempt a shot within twelve (12) seconds. The clock shall start as soon as the ball is in the offensive players´ hands following the exchange with the defensive player or after a successful field goal underneath the basket.
Note: If the court is not equipped with a shot clock and a team is not sufficiently trying to attack the basket, the referee shall give them a warning by counting the last 5 seconds.
How the Ball is played
- Following each successful field goal or last free throw:
A player from a non-scoring team will resume the game by passing the ball from the place directly from the court underneath the basket (not from behind the end line) to his teammate to any place on the court. However, if that place is not behind the three-point line, the ball receiver must dribble/pass the ball to a place on the court behind the three-point line.
- Once the ball is behind the three-point line, at least one additional pass must be Made to a teammate before an attempt to score is made.
- Following each unsuccessful field goal or last free throw:
If the offensive team rebound the ball, it may continue to attempt the score without returning the ball to behind the three-point line.
- If the defensive team rebound the ball, it must return the ball (by passing or dribbling) behind the three-point line.
- Once the ball is behind the three-point line at least one additional pass must be made to a teammate before an attempt to score is made.
- Following the steal, turnover etc:
If it happens within the two-point area, the ball must be passed/dribbled to a place behind the three-point line. Once the ball is behind the three-point line, at least one additional passes must be made to a teammate before the attempt to score is made.
- Should the first offensive player who has dribbled/received the ball at a place behind the three-point line attempt to score, it is a violation.
- All throw-ins following the fouls (without free throws), violations, out-of bounds, at the beginning of the first period and of the extra period shall be taken from the out-of-bounds place level with the top of the three-point line, closest to the infraction. The places shall be marked in out-of-bounds by 5 cmline. The referee shall hand the ball to the out-of-bound player. The thrower-in must pass the ball to his teammate to any place on the court. However, if that place is not behind the three-point, the ball receiver must dribble/pass the ball to a place on the court behind the three-point line
- Dunking of the ball is not permitted unless pressure-released rings are used.
The substitution shall be permitted when the ball becomes dead and the game clock is stopped.
There are no time-outs granted to any team at any time.
Any disputes will be resolved in compliance with FIBA rules and the clauses included in the ICG Sports Rules. Any disputes will be heard by the Basketball Appeals Coordinator and the Protest Committee.
A First Aid Service will be available on site.
Full Medical Service will be available at the Department of Emergency Medicine of the Hospital of Lithuanian University of Health Sciences (Kauno klinikos). Address: Eivenių str. 2, LT-50009 Kaunas
In case of infectious decease, medical service will be provided at the Clinic of Infectious Deceases of Kaunas Clinical Hospital. Address: Baltijos str. 120, LT-47116 Kaunas.
The technical meeting for Basketball competition will be held at Athletes’ Campus (room No. tbc) on 5th July, 2017 at 8 a.m.
If it’s necessary, we will proceed to another technical meeting in order to ensure the quality of the Competition.
The FIBA website www.fiba.com provides a copy of the latest FIBA Constitution, Laws and Regulations for competition.
- All the teams must be at the court 45 minutes before the designated fixture.
- Teams (Coaches, Players) should arrive at basketball venue with the necessary accreditation. All delegation must to comply with any indication made by the venue staff, without creating any kind of problem to other teams. For any issue or protest, the Head of Delegation has to contact the competition manager immediately. If anything negative is observed we request immediate report to the department responsible person.
- The ICG Code of Conduct must be adhered to at all times. Athletes and coaches will be excluded from the Games for indecent behaviour, offence made through words and/or actions, violent behaviour, and abusive language.
- All delegations have to comply with any instruction given by the venue staff.
- Coaches are responsible for the well-being and behaviour of their athletes at all times.
Latest – international FIBA form is used; must be provided by organizers.
The following Medals will be awarded:
GOLD – for team ranking first in the competition
SILVER – for team ranking second in the competition
BRONZE – for team ranking third in the competition
- Medalists should be present at the ceremony and must wear their team uniform.
Training schedule will be posted on the website by 1st July, 2017.
Pre-competition training is foreseen on 5th July, 2017.