ARE YOU READY TO JOIN VOLUNTEERS ON A MISSION TO KEEP ICG 2017 FRIENDLY, POSITIVE & WELL GOING?
During the International Children’s Games 2017, around 300 volunteers will have a unique experience by taking part in this great cultural and multi-sports event. Volunteers will be the backbone of the organization, thus the success of ICG 2017 depends largely on the motivation and skills of our volunteers.
Do you want to TRY yourself, GAIN invaluable experience, MEET new friends and GET positive emotions? If YES, then you should BECOME a volunteer of the International Children’s Games.
If you are INTERESTED in applying for a volunteer position, please FILL in this application form www.lsu.lt/node/7057
What do we offer for you as a volunteer?
* You will get meals and drinks during your shifts.
* You will get accreditation to the entire competition with a possibility to use the public transport free of charge.
* You will get a volunteer’s uniform.
* You will get a certificate of participation in which we will specify the number of volunteer hours.
General benefit you could get:
* Volunteering is the first step towards a successful career;
* Invaluable experience;
* Participating in an international event means the opportunity to be in contact with people from all over the world;
* Good emotions;
* Ability to realize yourself;
* Development of foreign languages;
* Being part of such a large-scale event is a great way to start friendship with hundreds of young people;
* Valuable record in your CV.
What do we expect from you as a volunteer?
* We expect you to be available at the end of June and the beginning of July 2017.
* Volunteers should speak English (other foreign languages will be a great advantage).
* Volunteers should be at least 16 years old at the beginning of volunteering. You will need your parents’ consent if you are older than 16 years and younger than 18 years in July 2017.
GENERAL VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS:
* Foreign language skills
Basic info about volunteer program
You will be the first point of contact and a guide for a delegation. You will be the link between the city team and the organization. You will be able to answer all sorts of questions and can lend a helping hand in a wide variety of tasks. You will be responsible for welcoming and seeing of your team.
Accreditation and registration team
You will help in making accreditation and issuing them to the various groups: officials, athletes and other volunteers.
You will be responsible for welcoming teams, officials and guests. You have to be committed to providing information on any questions.
Accommodation and catering
During the event you will be responsible for the logistics around accommodation and catering, including checking of accreditations, appointing rooms and the issuance of keys. You will be responsible for making the guests feel like home and make sure they can have breakfast, lunch and dinner in a pleasant environment.
Medical aid team
If you are at least a third-year medical student (or similar) this is the team for you. You will support doctors in sports halls and you will provide medical aid according to your level of education.
Sports Avenues’ Officers
As a sports avenue officer you assist at one sports avenue to run the tournament smoothly. You will be responsible for welcoming the teams in sports hall, supplying them with water, and be in charge for keeping sport balls.
As a Protocol volunteer you will help with everything that needs to be done before and during the Opening Ceremony, Closing Ceremony and the medal ceremonies. You will be representative and service oriented.
Coordinator of Water Supply
You will be responsible for water distribution and delivery to sport bases.
Technical Information Point
You will be responsible for collecting all the results and updating them at the hotels.